Anyway, this is the lovely lady Kells. She is technically an Irish Wolfhound. She weighs about 120 lbs, but is so thin and elegant. The mails can hit up to 200 lbs. I remember the first time I met a Wolfhound and I was honestly scared to death. I thought that he (I met him at Cottonwood Animal Hospital, can't remember his name at the moment) was one of the ugliest things I'd ever seen. But then, I spent some time with him, and absolutely fell in love with his eccentric beauty.
A few years later, I found out that my mom's neighbors had just gotten an Irish Wolfhound puppy. And thus Kells came into my life. I go and see her when I am up at my mom's for dinner every other Sunday. Her sweet family has been so kind to let me indulge my dog-emptiness and invade their home once or twice a month. On with the story, Kells had a serious surgery last week, and almost died. I was so worried (thus the little sleep part 1). But she came through surgery well, and is now back to (well almost) her old self.
Her family had a family reunion planned, so I offered to watch her so they could still go. Little did they know it was for highly selfish reasons. I have had so much fun just being with her. She has the sweetest heart! I am completely in love with this girly!
2 comments:
Kells is so lucky that she got to spend a week with you. Every time I was with the 2 of you she would just follow you around and wait for you to pay attention to her. She is a lucky pup to have you in her life and I am so grateful that she is recovered from her scary ordeal.
You were so sweet to dog-sit for them. They were lucky to have such an experienced technician take care of their beautiful Kells.
Love you Megs!
So glad to hear you got to indulge your doggy wish for a bit. Any dog that gets to spend a week with you is seriously blessed! I remember how you helped me with Sydney after her surgery. Thank you for being such a kind friend (to us and our pets!). We love you and are glad you guys are doing well.
Love,
Laura
p.s. Happy Anniversary! Can you believe we're so old!?! lol! Love it! And I'm so glad you married Q... I love how you guys are together!
Post a Comment