Today is mine and Quenten's 7 year anniversary. I just read Amy Perchon's 8 year anniversary post and it got me all ready to write this (I LOVE YOUR STORY AMY!).
So the things I remember about this day 7 years ago are:
1. Sleeping very little the night before. I actually slept in my mom's bed with her because I didn't want to try to sleep alone. Thanks to my cute mom for letting me do so! :)
2. Getting up and working out to "Slim in 6." I wanted to have those endorphins so I would feel the best I could about myself that day.
3. Calling in an order of french toast to Mimi's Cafe and having Chels pick it up and drop it off to my husband to be. Then she took him to get a massage that I had setup for him as well. I wanted him good and relaxed for the day ahead.
4. Getting my hair done and thinking "this sure feels like any other day." I thought I would feel like a bride, you know like the feeling of Christmas morning or something? I don't know why I thought THIS day would feel any different from any other day of the year, but it didn't. At least not until we got in the temple.
5. Forgetting our marriage license. I ran through a list of things that I needed over and over again, and that was definitely on the list. I lovingly forgot to pick it up off of the table next to the front door as I walked out. It was so close to making it with us...
6. My very upset mother that I had forgotten said marriage license.
7. Ned Winder's sweet sense of humor to lighten the tense feelings we were all having about the license. And then, his twinkley eyes that looked at me and told me this day was about me and Quenten and everything would be fine. And it was.
8. Getting a happy meal at Wendy's of all places (if you know my family, you know that I never would have eaten at Wendy's if it weren't for Niki Ford). It hit the spot after the sealing and photos and all.
9. Being so surprised at all of the people that showed up! There wasn't supposed to be a formal line, but it ended up that way because there were so many people! Everytime we would move a line would start to form. Oh well, sorry people who had to wait for an hour just to say hello. Sheesh!
10. The Bean boys. Tim, Jake, and Colby made sure that I didn't have to worry about quite a few things. That was the day I realized they were my FAMILY. I love them so much, more then they will ever know.
11. Being overwhelmed that I was now with THE Quenten Jennings. After a few mintues of talking, some priesthood power, and some tears that was it! For all eternity! And he looked so dang handsome the whole time too! He wasn't rattled at all by everything, he was just his normal "everything is good" self. I love that about him.
Those are just a few things I remember of the day that I wanted to put down. More to come in the anniversary's to come! :)
Love you my husband! Mine forever!
2 comments:
Well that was just the sweetest post ever! I love you and Q together and I remember that day so vividly too. I loved that I kind of got a 2nd wedding day because everything was as important to me as it was to you. Love you my Megs! And my Quenna!
Our first meal as a married couple was McDonald's. We were starving after the ceremony and photos on the temple grounds and that was the first thing we saw with a drive thru.
Post a Comment