I thought this was SO much fun! I've left a few and would like the favor returned now. You are welcome to leave a memory of Q here too. He doesn't check this very often (or ever) but if you leave it I'll have him take a look. Here it goes: 1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments.
12 comments:
Meg is obviously in almost all of my memories in life (how wonderful for me, might I add...) but let me tell you some of my favorites...
1. Going to Leatherby's and getting bubble gum ice cream. Our lips would be SO blue. We'd eat the ice cream and leave all of the bubble gum pieces for the end (Leatherby's always put TONS of bubble gum in there). Then we'd have our mouths just FULL of bubble gum.
2. The time that she puked in the mexican restaurant...we must have been 7 or 8. Her shirt was so covered in puke that she had to walk out shirtless. She was so humiliated. I felt horrible for her and honestly would have given her the shirt off of my back...my mom wouldn't let me do that though, she thought it was weird that I wanted to take off my own shirt, I guess. I just remember being astonished that Meg was embarrassed. I had NEVER seen her embarrassed in my entire life thus far.
3. Meg and I getting mad at each other when we were in high school. That part isn't the funny part. We never wanted to hit each other, but we needed to get the aggression out, so one day Meg grabbed a tub of margarine and chased me around the house, spreading margarine all over my hair and face and clothes...it was very hard to clean off, but we ended up on the floor laughing our heads off, covered in butter. At least we got some aggression out...though I'm sure my mom didn't appreciate us using all of the margarine...
I shall post more again later. Good times, Meg, good times!
Meg! The first image of you that comes to mind is of you in a polka dot dress that you bought at Carlotte Russe. You looked so HOT in it. You also had on fishnets, a cardigan, and I think red heels. I see you very clearly. Always hot.
Thanks for posting with me! You TOTALLY get on my list of blogigations baby!
HAHAHA Oh Im laughing!!! Megan I totally forgot that I peed in the creek. Sometimes I worry about my memory. Thats my fav memory with you as well, being in the freezing shower at camp and having someone run in yelling get out theres a fire and being totally freaked out running in bathings suits to saftey. Being at the ward and yes I guess my peeing. But my very fav memory of you is at camp when I had a horrible night terror, I woke up screaming and when I started to snap out of it and wake up you were rubbing my back and telling me it was ok. You did that every night I had a nightmares at camp. I think thats why they always put us in the same tent! But you were always so sweet, not matter how tired and out of it you were. Oh this is making me miss you! Oh and I loved singing that one song with you and Chels that is kinda hard to sing. Do you know which one Im talking about? It doesnt have words, just humming? I also loved hearing your stories and going boating with you and your fam and flying off the back of the banana.
Oh my gosh your so nice! Thanks for saying those things. The truth is is that Im nervous all the time. HAHA! Oh my gosh Im so excited you guys are auditioning for American Idol!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Break a leg! Where is it being held?
hmmmmm.....This is probably a funny memory, but I figured I'd share. You'll remember it more of a day for you and Quenten since it was your wedding day and all... but here it goes. I remember coming to your reception and walking in and seeing your beautiful bridal pictures and then I remember seeing you standing in line. Honestly Megan, your dress was FABULOUS! And you looked so thin and amazing, it was all I could do not to wish to get married again and do everything exactly how you did. Your icecream was fun and seriously, you looked gorgeous and Quenten had a major perma-grin. Truth--my husband couldn't take his eyes off you....and neither could I. Anyway---a random memory of you, but just thought you should know!
I guess that I can't think of one... Maybe I'll say that I love all our lunches at jasons... who knew I'd love it so!
There are just so many...its hard to pin point! I mostly remember our alto sectionals. We had so much fun workin all the low notes. I am just now remembering that I ran into you once at a movie...after high school, and I don't think I've seen you since! But I remember thinking to myself "wow, it's been so long, and we've both probably changed a bit, but it's like nothing has changed." You were still happy, funny, cute Meg!
Q - the many of memoirs i could offer there. better keep many to myself however, but this was the kid that introduced me to dried seaweed, thought he could work out every day of his mission (he lost that bet) had me do a couple of favors when i got home, locked our keys in the car on p-day (or maybe that was me), put up with fixing the car after I hit a mailbox 3 days before I went home, helped me from being trunky, through me a going away party, was a blast to serve with, birthday parties up the wazzu, him torchin his tie, and me throwin flames to an old suit out in a Columbian field, hanging with the college chicks on Mizzou, playing ball up in the top of the tiger's gym, playin pool @ the institute, Christmas in the field, his first, my last, the best district meetings in the mission (doctrine rocks!), service @ the food bank, oh, Q and Tuft - need I say more, and so much more, but we can never forget the Lunt's. Oh the many memories - that just covers a few! what a great 6 weeks we had!!
Remember that time at Sarah's house, when Lucy turned 1 and you and I looooved trash-talkin' my crappola haircut I got at one of the most expensive salons in Salt Lake? -Good times, Meg... good times. :)
Can you PLEASE update your blog?! I love to read about your little life...
Okay! I don't even know where to start! How about in 4th grade when I totally wanted to be friends with you, but I was intimidated by the fact that you and Chels were so popular!?! Um, yeah...and that lasted through 6th grade. I always thought you were cooler than I was and I loved that you weren't afraid of anyone!
Remember my Karate pants? The black and while MC Hammer ones? I remember playing some sort of game on the hill at Oakdale with you when I was wearing those pants, and some 3rd grader came up to us and started making fun of me. Remember? You stood up for me (after I said a word I probably shouldn't have) and when the kid left you totally laughed at my pants...but you wouldn't let anyone else make fun of me. You're so great!
I also remember when I was getting married you were totally mad at me and tried to talk me out of it. We thought we were so mature! LOL! We were 19 and we were having this conversation like we had all this life experience. Lol. You were a good friend though...you told me didn't think I should get married so young, but then when I told you I was going to anyway...you stood by me.
Thanks for being such a good friend! I love you!
I remember sitting next to you at one of Marissa's gymnastics things when we were younger and you gave me some gummy lifesavers. It was the first time I had ever had them and I thought it was so cool.
Post a Comment