Thursday, August 6, 2009

A little flighty, but means well....


So I often have people tell me I remind them of Phoebe from Friends. I also get Dori from "Finding Nemo" a lot too. Listen people, I know I'm a bit aloof, but I enjoy that I am like that. It is one of my favorite things about myself and I am extremely flattered when people say I'm like Phoebe. It's truly an honor.

The reason for the Phoebe reference is so you have a preface to this story. It will explain why I was absent for said meeting. So, two days ago we received our monthly newsletter from our HOA. I got hoodwinked into running for the board, I really REALLY didn't want to. I went to my first Relief Society picnic so as to get to know the ward better. Well, I sat across from our HOA president who doesn't take no for an answer.

Anyway, we get our HOA letter and it reads like this:

As you know, the annual HOA meeting was held on Saturday, July 18, 2009. Voting for new board members was to take place during this meeting. However, only one of the candidates, Denise Kimber, was present. Both Megan Jennings (that's me) and Chris Gomez failed to attend.

(it continues) As a community, this left us with a unique dilemma and created quite an uproar with the homeowners present (I caused an UPROAR people... Ah! HA! HA!). After much spirited discussion (uproar and spirited?! I love it!),, a motion was made to delay the voting for 30 days.

Here's where I'll step in. So two people present at the meeting volunteered to run for the board. Another motion was set to reconvene 24 hrs later. Well, no one let me know there was going to be a meeting 24 hrs later, but they called me out a second time saying I "failed to attend for a second time" (once again, I had no idea a second meeting existed, so they shouldn't be throwing me under the bus).

Last but not least, the re-vote is on Tuesday, August 18, 2009. Which is pretty hysterical because Quenten and I will be in Florida. Can't wait to see what they write about me next month! So much for trying to be a part of this ward and community...

3 comments:

Down By the Bey's said...

Oh my goodness Megan they are crazies! It is kind of funny though if you realize they are the lunatics and not you. =)

Chels said...

I LOVE THIS STORY!!! You are the dang coolest and I am glad that you won't be there for the next meeting because I can't wait to see what the news letter says :)

And yes, you are like Phoebe. You are smart but you also know when to have fun and not worry about anything. I wish I was the Phoebe in our relationship but sadly I am the Monica. Someone has to be the Monica though, right? And it sure isn't going to be you ;)

Love you!

Sarah said...

I say sell and buy a house over my me. They're all dicks anyway! Then you can have your cake (aka dogs) and eat it too (not the dogs)!