Thursday, July 22, 2010

What a Morning....

We can't talk about this mornings happenings without starting the story from last night. So Quenten has been sick for the last week at least. He just has a cough and a runny nose. He has been taking the codene cough syrup, but for some reason it did not do its job last night. By midnight he and I were both done with the coughing, so I went in our spare bedroom. And yes, I would rather be in my shoes than his. Especially since every time I cough, even in my own home, I have the sneaking suspicion that my mom is going to run in my room and tell me not to. But that is a story for another time. :)

Anywho, I went in the other room and fell asleep with both cats at the foot of the twin size bed. And let me tell you, it is amazing how an 8 lb cat and a 9 lb cat can take up so much room! You'd be amazed!

Now Sushi has this fabulous problem in the summer months where she gets up the moment the sun peaks its head over the mountains. And she doesn't just get up, she proceeds to HOWL for hours. Then, she promptly falls back to sleep around 7am when it is time for me to get up. It's truly lovely.
Since I was sleeping in the guest room I had my phone under my pillow. Little did I know that it slipped down the bed and underneath the now quietly sleeping cat next to me. Everytime my alarm went off I thought it was Quenten's from down the hall since it was so faint. It wasn't until I thought "It sure is sunny for me to still be sleeping." And figured out that my cell phone was no longer in its original place, that I found out it was actually 8:10 in the morning. I had slept in for an extra hour and 10 minutes!

Yep, that's a true story people. Who would have thought such a tiny lass could mute a phone like that?! Not me, that's for sure...

1 comments:

Chels said...

BWAH HA HA! I love that Sushi. And I appreciate her helping you sleep in...I mean, as bad as it was that you were late to work, it was nice to sleep in for an extra hour...good work Sue, good work...