Friday, August 6, 2010

A Whole Lot of Nothing...

I feel as though my life has turned into a whole lot of nothing lately. And as my blog is my own personal journal (since it seems as though Chel has become the only person who reads it, which is my own fault because I am such a sporadic blogger) I am going to vent.

I look at other people's blogs and feel like so much is going on. They have kids, and magically happy marriages, and so many things to share in their posts. I, on the other hand, have just about nothing to report. I get up, go to work, go home and clean up a bit, eat, watch tv, go to sleep, and start the whole thing over again. Well, I guess I did have a class this summer. Which, I am happy to report, ended two days ago. That class was BORING and pretty dang liberally ridiculous. No point whatsoever to that class. But I did fill the diversity credit that was required of me. AND I walked away with a fabulous new friend! Her name is Ashley, and we had a ball together! Mostly because although the class description said there would be no dancing, our teacher decided otherwise. I made a fool of myself by dancing in front of 40 other people in the following genres:

Eastern Indian (as in India)
African (yep, I have no rhythm for sure people)
Hip Hop (of course she made us learn how to do a correct booty shake)
Polynesian (LOVED IT, except for the mating dance we did around a boy of our choosing from our class)
And several others I can't remember at the moment.
I guess that is one thing I had to talk about. Props to me on that one. I'm sure you are all wondering why I am posting such a depressing post, but that's how it is these days. And I needed to get it off of my chest. So there you have it, a whole lot of nothing.

2 comments:

kathym said...

Wrong! Your aunt reads your blogs also. I am just bad at commenting. Maybe you are just so busy filling up others lives with your kindness and service that you don't take time for yourself. Mallory was so touched that you would take a day off work to be with her, just as Marcee was at her wedding last year.
I remember your awesome wedding and how full your life seemed. We all just have the very full days and the simpler days. I am trying to learn to appreciate both of them.
I just want you to know....you are REALLY SOMETHING TO ME, you adorable neice! From the first time I held you in my arms I have loved you. Never forget that. Love, Aunt Kathy

healing said...

Meg.....time to chat with your cousin Brianne