Tuesday, December 28, 2010

2010: the good and the bad....

So I am in a blah mood today. I decided to make a list of the good and the bad of 2010 in hopes that I'll snap out of this...

The GOOD:
1. I'm healthy (generally, other than these darned ovaries that yell at me sometimes)
2. I have a good job
3. I own a home (well condo, but it feels like home, so I call it that)
4. I have Quenten, Chels, and Jesse in my life
5. I got to meet the BARENAKED LADIES!!!!
6. Timmy introduced Chels & I to baby white tigers (YES THAT IS A TRUE STORY)
7. I have three cats in my life (Sushi, Kansas, and Woody)
8. We are financially stable
9. I met some new friends along the way
10. Quenten graduated from the University of Utah!

The BAD:
1. Chels' meds aren't working anymore, so we've been looking for new ones to help her
2. I didn't get the tattoo I've been dreaming of for 11 years
3. I didn't get the puppy I have been holding out for
4. I didn't get to sell our condo (dang that Quenten for not being on my side)
5. I still have these 20 pounds on that shouldn't be there

BUT, here are the things I am looking forward to in 2011:
1. Working out (see #1 in the "The GOOD" column and #5 in "The BAD")
2. Cosmetology School (here's hoping I get my year end bonus at work so this can happen)
3. A puppy... almost 7 years and counting... who is putting money on 2011?
4. DISNEYLAND WITH CHELS LYN!
5. Selling our condo
6. Paying off Quenten's Jeep
7. Finishing what I start (good luck to me on that one)
8. Being optimistic again
9. Seeing my Grams every month
10. Seeing the green grass on my side...

I really do have A LOT to be thankful for, and I need to do a better job of seeing that.

4 comments:

Liz said...

I'm sorry that Chelsea is having such a crappy time! We went through the same thing with my husband when we moved to Texas...his meds weren't working anymore and it took a while to get it resolved. So frustrating. I hope she gets answers soon. And I hope you have a great 2011...your cosmetology goal is on my list to accomplish someday, maybe when my kids are in school. Happy New Year!

Sarah said...

Ah Meg! I love your list! I hope beyond all hope that you get to go to cosmetology school. You will be perfect at that, I just know it!

Britt said...

What a great idea to make a list like that. I hope it helped you feel better. That is awful about Chelsea's meds. :(

You would be SO great as a cosmetologist! Go for it! I hope this year is great for you guys.

Chels said...

Megasis, you are seriously the coolest. I kept thinking of writing a list like that, but now that it's March it's a little late...oh well...props to you for doing one of your goals and "not procrastinating". You are the dang coolest and I love you the most!