Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Sleep in Heavenly Peace... Or something to that effect....

See this peaceful little beauty? Well, this is nothing like the night we had last night! I buy cat food in bulk, there are several reasons for this. One, it's cheaper. Two, it's kind of like food storage just in case an emergency arises. And three, that's it. :) I have a lovely close-able container that keeps it fresh, and free from kitties prying into it.

Each morning and night Sushi and Kansas each get a 1/4 cup scoop of their food (there will be no free feeding in my house, no sir). When I start to see the bottom of the bin I usually get a new bag. But last week was Thanksgiving, and in the hussle and bussle I forgot. Sushi has to eat a specific prescription food, so this makes obtaining it even harder. This is the first and last time I will make that mistake.
Quenten informed me last night that he had given the last scoop of food to them that morning. To make matters worse, Sushi had just come out of one of her irritable bowel syndrome bouts, and is now in a "I must eat everything" stage to make up for the two days of boycotting food altogether.

I have posted before about the fact that Sushi LOVES to talk, but when she is upset it is multiplied by about 10. No joke. So from 10pm to about 2 am we got to listen to a howling cat. Quenten had had enough, and against my wishes, he split a can of tuna between the two of them. That quieted the house for about an hour, until Sue realized she needed to eat more, and she wasn't taking no for an answer.
Needless to say, it was a very, VERY long and sleepless night. I bought them food promptly at 9am this morning when Petco opened. And, I found a fabulous (although soaking wet) 5 dollar bill right as I stepped out of my car to head inside the store. With no one around, I decided to keep it. So, in the end, it might have been worth it to lose out on a night of sleep.... Well, maybe not....

0 comments: