Thursday, July 24, 2008

Random

So any of you that really know me will know that random things bring me the most joy. I love the unexpected (unless it has to do with something scary like a haunted house and then COUNT ME OUT!). I love meaningful surprises no matter how small, they just make me feel important.

Well, the last week or so I've just felt a little down and not like my regular self. Now, to make full sense of my story I'll tell you a little bit about Bill. Bill is Chelsea's boss. He was in Chelsea and Jesse's Murray ward when they lived in the Riv. We instantly made a connection with Bill's wife Jan, she is just like me and Chels in SO many ways so obviously we hit it off quickly. Then came the rest of the Rowley family. Chels was working somewhere else at the time and to make a long story short she ended up getting a job as Bill's assistant. Bill is one of my favorite people on this earth I dare say. He is just such a fun, honest, kind person and appreciates Chels and I for who we are. He is also one of the most RANDOM people I know.

On Monday I was at work (which is about 1 mile away from where Chels and Bill work) and the Fedex guy came in with an envelope for Meg Jennings. I LOVE to be called Meg but I let it come to people, I don't want them to feel like they HAVE to call me Meg. Anyway, I opened it up to find a donut smooshed to high heaven and a little not that read "Meg, Thinking of you!-Bill" Chels had told him a few days earlier that I was having a rough go of things lately and he decided to Fedex me a freakin donut. How crazy fun is that?! It totally made up for the mundane rut I've been in. I needed something random to kick me out of this funk. So, thank you Bill! You have no idea how much a gross smooshed donut and a little note meant to me. I truly appreciated it!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

That is awesome! Why am I not clever like that? I guess mostly because I'm cheap... I'd never pay for fed-ex charges to mail a doughnut... but Bill, WOW... just... WOW!

Jokilyn said...

I LOVE IT!!! I totally am going to do something like that someday! That is so freakin' awesome! Did you eat the doughnut? :)

Chels said...

So, since when have you become a Britt? Seriously. You just use these phrases and I just think, "Has she been watching Masterpiece Theater without me?" I mean, it's cool and all, but who in the crap are you? "Crap" is my new favorite word and you use crazy British phrases like: "I dare say" and "a rough go of things"...whatever. You really are a nut job...and I love you with all of my heart. Even though you have lost your mind. Your random, random mind.

Oh, and to Sarah:

I'm cheap too, I told Bill that spending money to Fed-Ex a donut down the street was insane, but he didn't care. He knew she'd get a good laugh. He's kind like that. But I truly am a cheap-o.

Babe in Boysland said...

If I ever get a smashed fedexed donut I will cry tears of joy. That is so unbelievably awesome.

One time my brother tried to mail a tortilla from his mission, but it arrived as a crushed powdery mess. No less cool than a whole tortilla for the simple fact that he mailed a freaking tortilla in the first place.

Callie said...

Wow! I almost brought you a donut at work last Tuesday and now I'm glad I didn't because it would have been such a disappointment! But seriously, I almost brought you a donut. Ask Carl. And I now want to FedEx a donut to everyone I know. (donut/doughnut)

P.S. Everyone loves to get something in the mail!