Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Grateful


So I just found out that my dad was in a car accident last night. It was not his fault, and he walked away with only a few minor cuts and bruises. His truck is totaled, and the other people in the accident were not as lucky as he was. My dad was struck while going 55 miles an hour with the passenger side of the girls car. It spun my dad's truck about 3 blocks down the road while the girl who hit him continued to spin and was struck on the driver side by an SUV. She was killed in the accident and the driver of the SUV was taken to the hospital with minor injuries.

I just wanted to quickly say how grateful I am for my sweet dad and for the fact that Heavenly Father kept him safe. I have become very close to him over the last few years, something I have welcomed and appreciated more than anyone knows. He has always been a wonderful dad, and I have enjoyed getting to know him as a human being and a friend, not just my dad. I love and respect who he is, and what he has become in spite of some cards that were dealt him throughout his life.

He is a man who loves the Lord and completely trusts in him. He always has faith that the Lord is mindful of him, and that he can turn to him at anytime. I am completely grateful to my Heavenly Father for protecting my dad from harms way. I can't imagine losing him ever, let alone when he is so young. I am grateful that my prayers were answered and that my dad was kept safe. Our Heavenly Father truly does listen to our prayers, and for that I am grateful.

2 comments:

Codi said...

So grateful that he is alright! We love him too!

Chels said...

Well that was just the sweetest post ever! I love that sweet Dad of ours and we truly are blessed!