Well, one entire year later, I decided it was about time I finish tiling. I have had a stack of tile boxes in my spare bedroom that have been calling my name everytime I walk by or go in the room. I needed Quenten's help to move the washer and dryer, so we had to do this project on a Saturday that he actually had off of work. Which happened to be this last Saturday.
We woke up and started cleaning out the landry room. Once everything was cleared out except for the washer and dryer, Quenten looked over at our water heater. It was happily sitting in an inch of water. THAT'S RIGHT! Does that seem normal to anyone else? I didn't think so. So we called Quenten's dad to get his opinion. He told us to find the location of the leak, so we did so. And it turns out that it is not good news. We have to get a new water heater. It will be installed on Wednesday. 

The funny thing is (not funny "HA HA" but funny ironically) that everytime I go and choose the laminate wood flooring for our condo, and have all of the money saved up, something like this happens. And the first thing I said I was going to change when we bought the place was the flooring. Now, almost three years later, we still have the same old carpet. But we have a brand new furnace and soon-to-be water heater. Oh, and fridge and dish washer. All new. Let's hope flooring is actually the next project....

(This is not the flooring in my condo currently, just what I dream about at night. Yes, I dream about home improvements in my sleep.)
The good news is I tackled cleaning out the three closets in my house. Three garbage bags full of stuff to go to DI, and one garbage bag for the trash. I felt very productive, so it ended up to be a good day. Plus I got to see my hustband for once, which is a rarity. Thanks for helpin me my little Quentony!
2 comments:
That's trash that you need a new water heater...it's just one thing after the other, isn't it...but at least you are cool enough to tackle these projects and to notice these things. You will get your floor soon enough...and your dog :)
Oh man, Oh man. Sorry about the water heater mishap. At least you are paying for something in the house you live in. We just keep having to pay for stuff that breaks in our rental house. And! We worked on tiling floors this weekend too! (well, no tiling got done but we got the subfloor in!) Good luck.
Post a Comment