Thursday, December 18, 2008

UPS


So the other day I was just minding my own business at work when the door opened. We get deliveries from UPS quite frequently so I've come to know and love the regular guy that stops by. Well, this day was about to rock my world. This was no regular UPS guy. He was wearing a giant gold chain, a white dew rag, and a gold and brown NY hat that was all sparkly. I said "WOW! You sure are stylin up that uniform!" And he said "Well thank you!" Then he proceeded to say "This doesn't happen to be my lucky day and you happen to be single?..." I said "Well aren't you sweet!? I am married and happily so." And he said "Well dang. What's the last name..." And you know how the rest of the questions go along with the delivery of a UPS package. I just thought he was dang awesome livin' his life the way he wants to. He truly inspired me to be my little self. So next time the hair might be blue instead of red, I won't let "the man" keep me down....

3 comments:

Chels said...

Well aren't you just the dang coolest? Sheesh. I think it's awesome that he also wore giant gold sunglasses, which you so sadly forgot to mention. Anyway, good times. And I am glad that he lives his life the way he wants and no one, not even UPS is going to tell him how to be exactly. And I did love you with blue hair, though I don't think your job would let you sit at that front desk anymore if you did it again...hahaha...

Sarah said...

Yes... I was going to say that "The Man" can't keep you down but i bet you $10 that i know who would... ;)

Babe in Boysland said...

I don't think you ever have to worry about being yourself, the you that I know is so irresistabley loveable no one would ever tell you not to be her. Love you!