So I went and taught my primary class and began walking to my car when I noticed my favorite little blue heeler accompanied by the guy I had met earlier and his wife. She was almost in tears and said "I LOVE HER SO MUCH! But our dog isn't liking her much at this point, and if we aren't sure we are going to get to keep her, I don't want to go through this yet. But we want her if no one claims her." They gave me the puppy and told me to keep them posted.
Well, I am not allowed to have pets at my condo so I was getting creative with ways to keep her until the next morning. So Chels and I walked around the neighborhood surrounding my church knocking door-to-door with no luck. Then I took her to Cottonwood Animal Hospital to get scanned for a microchip. Well, she had NONE. The point of this post is that if you have a pet, GET A CHIP! It's $35 people, that's all. My cat's are indoor only, but I still have chips in them just in case. You have no idea how many times in my career as a vet tech I heard "But I had a collar with tags on him." When they were frantically searching for their now lost pet. Collars can fall off (or be taken off in the sad cast that you might have your pet stolen). SO GET A MICROCHIP! This poor little pup that I found would be home right now if she had a chip. Instead she is sitting in a kennel at the Murray Animal Shelter. No one has called looking for her yet.

NEXT TIME YOU TAKE YOUR PET IN FOR VACCINES ASK FOR A MICROCHIP. AVID IS MY FAVORITE AND MOST WIDELY USED. JUST SO YOU KNOW. DO IT! YOU WON'T BE SORRY! AND HOPEFULLY YOU'LL NEVER HAVE TO USE IT!

1 comments:
Thank you for the tip. I promise to get a chip in the future event of my dog ownership.
Post a Comment