
Last night I found out some of the best news I've ever received in my whole life! I got approved by my HOA for a dog!!!! SERIOUSLY AND TRULY!!!
I am so ready and excited for this new adventure, but there is always that little thought in the back of my head that wonders if I am really ready for such a commitment. But, I am. I know it. I have been dreaming about this day since about 2005, and I just can't believe it is literally around the corner.
My first stop will be to the Irish Wolfhound Rescue of Utah. If the right guy for me isn't there, then I will put in an application to the Gentle Giants Rescue in California. I will ask for an English Mastiff, a Great Dane, or an Irish Wolfhound. Any of the three will do! I just can't believe it could all be coming true before the end of the year. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!
So now all there is to do is finish the flooring in the front room. Then the place will be ready for a brand new baby! I just can't believe it! I could hardly sleep last night. I had butterflies in my stomach most of the time, and then a mixture of fear that my life is about to change forever. I know dogs aren't children, but for me it is the closest thing I am going to get to one. And that responsibility is huge!
I am so ready and excited for this new adventure, but there is always that little thought in the back of my head that wonders if I am really ready for such a commitment. But, I am. I know it. I have been dreaming about this day since about 2005, and I just can't believe it is literally around the corner.
My first stop will be to the Irish Wolfhound Rescue of Utah. If the right guy for me isn't there, then I will put in an application to the Gentle Giants Rescue in California. I will ask for an English Mastiff, a Great Dane, or an Irish Wolfhound. Any of the three will do! I just can't believe it could all be coming true before the end of the year. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!
5 comments:
Um it looks like you are getting a horse instead of a dog! Scott likes HUGE dogs too.
I am happy for you, and even though dogs are not children, it sure has felt like another child when we have had one, which is why we won't have one until all the human children are potty trained!
CONGRATS!
That is AWESOME! I'm SO excited for you! Can't wait to see the newest member of your family!! Btw it was SO good to see you and Chels last week! Thanks so much for coming!! Good luck finding your baby!!!
Such great news! You will make an awesome mom to a human child or a dog, or both. ; ) Ha ha, had to throw that in there to tease you a bit!
I can't wait! Especially since your dog will be my dog too, except I won't have to clean up its poop...and I appreciate that... Yea for you and your future dog!
That's so exciting! You should check out Big Dogs Huge Paws animal rescue in Colorado! They have some adorable dogs! Good luck & I can't wait to see pics!
Post a Comment