Friday, February 22, 2008

Patches and Pukes

So Jordan is one of my good friends, and as such I wanted to meet his fiance when I heard the news. They were coming over last week to watch my wedding video to see if they wanted to use the same videographer. I was happy to oblige as I personally like it.... SURPRISE... So I was cleaning up my condo to make it presentable. I had been in a bit of pain most of the day and thought it was just normal/stupid abdominal pain that I have had for the last few years off and on. But, as I answered the door to let Jordan and his fiance in I found myself on the verge of puking! I let them in and said "If you'll excuse me I need to vomit." And I went in the bathroom and puked. It's been quite a few years since I have had that kind of sickness, and what a time to be hit with it again. Jordan's fiance looked like she was worried the whole time we watched the movie, and she was very nice about the whole thing. The video was over and Jordan said "Well we better go so you can get some rest." I said "Oh, I need to go again..." And he yelled to me "We'll see ourselves out. Lock the door when you're done!" as I puked. Which I thought was very kind of him to be concerned about. I am a firm believer that the door should be locked anytime you are inside. Anywho, that was an interesting night to say the least. Hopefully she'll give me another chance some other time. (The picture here is pretty odd, I thought it was appropriate for such a story. I look like an idiot.) And hopefully no one got sick while reading this. Chels and Q think my stories can be blunt and graphic, but after being a veterinary technician there is no shame in anything. And few things make me ill. So I speak quite freely. I named this "Patches and Pukes" because Jordan had a cat named patches who I believe may have been Sushi's grandma or something. They look and act so much alike and I was excited to introduce her to Jordan. Here's another pic of Sushi....

5 comments:

Sarah said...

That is classic that you puked right when they got there. It reminds me of the time when I was pregnant and the satellite dish guys came to switch out our dish. (I think I might have told you this before) I wasn't feeling too swell and puked at the precise moment that they were finished installing our new dish. I walked out of the bathroom and pretended like nothing happened, like they didn't hear it or something. Who was I kidding... I ralphed SUPER loud. Ahh, the joys of being pregnant.

galbraithfam said...

Megan I love your blog and I'm soooo glad that you joined the club! By the way, I love your bluntness....it's what makes you you! You look great.....we need to get together soon!

Jokilyn said...

I love the randomness!! It's so....YOU! :) Sounds like an awful night! I hope you're feeling better. Tell the kitties hello from me. :)

Tara said...

megan!!! I found your blog...so good to catch up a little on your life.

ashley is engaged?

feel free to check out our blog...taraandowen.blogspot.com

(I had a baby 6 months ago)

taralee (hastings) carlson

JayKo said...

Just because I know you'll probably pee your pants when you read this! ;) Just kidding, I hope all is well with you and that you're no longer vomiting. That's never a fun ordeal. Anywho, I hope you got your invite in the mail.